Friday, March 5, 2010

Friday has arrived! I have experienced a fantastic week of science, both in my classroom and through the coursework of Walden.

My students are discovering force and motion through balloon rockets, yo-yo's, cart launchers and ramps. It has been fun! We head into our FCAT testing next week and will continue through March 18th. Needless to say, there is a little 'tension' in the air.

The coursework with Walden this week has had me personally experiencing a myriad of emotions. The textbook is very informative, integrating the social and historical context of science. I have also enjoyed the posts from my colleagues; they are highly engaging. I am continuing to reflect on my own beliefs and those of my peers and must say how much I respect those of you who are science 'only' teachers. Your knowledge thus far has inspired me. Being a fifth grade teacher, and teaching math, science, reading and social studies, I feel spread thin sometimes.

This blogging is so new to me...I feel uneasy and yet exhilarated at the same time! What a journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment